Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chili

I made the biggest pot of chili ever for our was activity. It filled our electric roster. I put it all together and Eric added the heat.

Eric's Smokey Brisket Ancho Chili

Meat: I use what ever I have hamburger left over ham but we find left over smoked brisket and sausage to be the best. ( We had a hard time finding a sausage that we like here in Texas our favorite is Slovacek's with a pig fave on the package)

1lb of hamburger or what ever meat you want

1 - 28oz. can Baked beans I use Bush's original
1 - 28oz. can diced tomatoes
1 - 15oz. cam of kidney and black bean
1cup frozen or 1 can of corn

Seasoning
1 TBLS Chili powder
for a little extra we added half an Ancho peppers finely chipped(smoked pepper)
Some salt and heat to taste

I guess people liked it after the event it was pretty much gone.

No comments: