Thursday, December 17, 2009

Star Makeover


This is my Christmas star I got it for our first Christmas as a married couple. I love my star. It has lots of good memories I love how Eric fastened a black coat hanger to the star when the star would not say on top of the tree so I could wire securely in place. Since then I have wished it was gold to go with all my other Christmas things but I can't bare to replace it. This year I was feeling especially crafty (pregnant) and i had an idea.


I bet I could just paint over my star with glue and cover the silver glitter with gold. So I did and I think it turned out great.

Did I mention I am pregnant and my brain is not what it should be? Well I did this project wile my little girl Livvy was napping so she would not get into the glitter. When I was done I however didn't put the glitter away and found this mess. When Livvy got up she had chewed though the glitter bottle and dumped the entire bottle all over the chair, the floor and herself.

3 comments:

Brandon and Jenn said...

Livvy looks like a fairy all covered in pixie dust. I love that you get "crafy" when you're pregnant. I just get sick (and occasionally go on insane cleaning sprees).

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

That is too cute!! I'm sure it wasn't very fun to clean up, but it will make for a great memory!!

simple mom/wife said...

Oops. It was worth the great looking star, however. Livvy--you're adorable!