Friday, June 12, 2009

The pantry is almost done!

It is getting so close I can't wait. Last Saturday I put some urethane on the shelves and we brought them in side. I was so exited I fulled them up ever though it will be next Saturday before I can move them out of the dinning room and under the stairs. so I have been painting. Paining the wall painting the door fronts it all is taking longer than I want it to. But that is the way all projects go you get them almost done and the little finishing things take as mush time as the hole constriction.

never mind Livvy Devil face the shelves are great!

Then we hit a snag

So I was supposed to check all the outlets before Eric closed up the wall after taking out the plug in. I forgot to check the Dinning room and weeks later I found out that the outlets in the dinning room were out. So yet again I made more work for Eric he had to open the wall up and check on the wires. Turns out the dinning room is on the same secret as the plug we took out and er should have connected the wires since the secret is wired in series.

We found out that by code there needs to be a junction box at every splice so Eric drilled thought stair stringer to put the box in the closet.


Another nice patch job by Eric who fixes all my mistakes




3 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Those shelves look awesome!! I am so jealous - I wish I had shelves like that for my storage!! Way to go Eric - such the handy man!!

simple mom/wife said...

I'm so impressed! Even more good lookin then the picture you were inspired by. Way to patch it up too, Eric! Don't you love those snags? I know who's ready for hurricane season!

nichole said...

They look soooooo great! The snag reminded me of how we are putting in a basement suite and Greg realized that we need to hook up the two fire alarms with wiring. Wish we had thought of that when we had the ceiling wide open downstairs. Now he's trying to fish it through walls and ceilings. After over 4 hours he decided to call it quits for that job! (at least for today)