Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dairy Free Caesar Dressing

I have a friend who recently became lactose intolerant.   This reminded me that I have a good dairy free Caesar salad dressing recipe. I haven't seen any thing like it on line so I'll share it. Eric and I were invited to a friends house for dinner about 8 years ago I can't even remember their names but she serves a salad I'd never has before and so I asked what was in it. She didn't follow a recipe so I have tweaked the proportions till I found one I liked.
Caesar Dressing
2 cup olive oil extra virgin
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
6 cloves of garlic
2 Tablespoons capers
1 Tablespoon anchovy past or fish sauce
1 teaspoon salt
Combine and blend. I use my stick blender. If I'm out of garlic I use 1 Tablespoon of garlic salt and omit the salt. It tastes pretty good but with out the garlic the dressing separates. It keeps in the fridge forever.


No comments: